Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems with the newly modified and compiled wpcap.dll
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:20:13 -0700
On Sep 29, 2007, at 2:06 AM, Varuna De Silva wrote:

In capture->interfaces list displays my device along with the others,
but in the "packets" and "packets/s" column, for all the interfaces listed it shows some very high "unrealistic " values such as 277314 for packets
and extremely high value for packets/s.
Have you implemented an xxx_stats routine that returns the correct
packet counts?
And when I press the start button, the program, Hangs up.
Perhaps your xxx_read routine is blocked waiting for a 3968-byte
buffer full of data to arrive, even though some data has arrived?  See
my mail to tcpdump-workers on that.