Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Warn Dissector bug, protocol CPFI, in packet 167: packet-cpf

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:49:03 -0400

Toralf F�rster wrote:
I got that msg with current svn version with the packet attached at this mail.

[I'd suggest opening bugs for this kind of thing so they don't get lost.]

CPFI registers for UDP ports 5000 and 5001 which aren't IANA registered for that protocol. I changed the CPFI dissector to be a "new style" dissector to try to avoid false positives.

With that change this packet still shows up as a CPFI packet. It fails the assertion because it's a Linux Cooked Capture which does not contain the Ethernet addresses (but the dissector requires them). So I further changed the dissector so if there are no MAC addresses, it assumes it can't be CPFI and returns 0. (I'm not sure that's the best way to do it, but...)