Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wish List - Notes Field
From: "bmcmanus" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:01:32 -0400
I couldn't identify where to send this from the on-line docs.  I apologize if this is the wrong group.  Moderator, if
this is not the appropriate group,  please forward this request to the correct address.

For a relatively simple (I assume...) wish list item, I'd like to see a free-form "notes" field stored with each capture
file to allow a description of the capture conditions and specific relevant information about the capture to be
maintained with the file.  Right now I encode as much as I can into the file name, but there's a lot more I'd like to
add, plus additional notes as I analyze the capture and discover important packets or sequences.

For options, it would be nice if the "notes" field included and automatically populated various significant fields,
e.g., capture time/date, interface(s) used, capture options and filter settings.

Thank you all for considering this proposal.  And thank you, too, for the best (and most economical!) protocol analyzer
anywhere!

Best Regards,
Jon "Buddy" McManus
[email protected]