Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Repeated crashes after update to GTK 2.12.0

From: "Peter Johansson" <peterjohansson73@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:11:50 +0200
2007/10/1, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Peter Johansson wrote:

> So, I have built adns and then built Wireshark again. All my crash
> problems remain the same. I'll see if I can find time to purse this
> further.

Hmm.  Are you sure you built a release version?  Check the timestamp of
the files adns_dll.* in "path_to_libs\adns- 1.0-win32-05\adns_win32\lib".

I have very similar issues if I *don't* rebuild adns_dll.dll, afterwards
all is fine.

Try checking the dll with depends.  A properly rebuilt dll depends on
msvcr80.dll , the original depends on msvcrt.dll.

--
Regards,

Graham Bloice

Thanks Graham, rebuilding adns_dll.dll (so that it depends on MSVCR80.dll) solves the crash related to my scenario 2.
However scenario 1 is still an issue. I still believe that the two scenarios are totally unrelated. As soon as I press the toolbar button for "Show the capture options" (or press CTRL+K or choose Capture->Options from the menu) I can see that the capture options window gets displayed and then Wireshark crashes immediately where the call stack does not provide much help. Where is the code that handles the event when the capture options dialogue gets opened? I think I will have to debug it from there.

Regards, Peter