Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Alternative to USBPcap and Possibility of

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 18:01:47 -0700

On Sep 30, 2007, at 9:47 PM, Varuna De Silva wrote:

> However, he doesn't have a 2.0 version; where did you find the 2.0
> version?

This is where it is
 http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/default.htm

In fact its almost the same I guess, except for few neat-ups for code.

...and I don't see any license, so presumably there's no license issue with adding it to WinPcap.

Sorry I shouldve elaborated. What I mean is to have it as a permanent
extension, to wireshark, in the sense, anybody who want to have this
card and the interface can have it free. We can have all the circuitry and
design on the wireshark website.

We are ready to give all the rights to the community, in whatever licensing required, and we dont expect any money or any other service charge or etc.
We are ready to support, as and when anybody requires help and so on.

Either the Wireshark or the tcpdump.org site might be a reasonable place to host this; I'll let Gerald address whether to host it on the Wireshark Web site.