Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Some svn files are removed during compilation?

From: "Peter Johansson" <peterjohansson73@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 14:01:32 +0200

2007/9/27, Kukosa, Tomas <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Restored 'asn1\h245\h245-exp.cnf'
> [...]
> > Why are they removed when compiling?  My guess is that they
> probably shouldn't be removed.  Either that, or they're no
> longer needed at all?  Anyway, I figured I would report it.
>
> They are in the process of being removed and being automatically
> generated if needed by other asn1 builds. The current state of things
> only hits people creating dissectors from their asn1 sources, which
> is not part of a standart build process (the are prebuilt).

BTW how we could solve cyclic dependency between e.g. h225 and h235
where h225 includes h235-exp.cnf and vice versa?
Any idea?

In the same manner as you would address it in source code (header files) perhaps. That is, extract the information that is common to both h225 and h235 and add that to a third (new) .cnf file to be included by both instead.

/ Peter