Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] configure fails on solaris

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:58:54 -0400

atdev.queries@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi ,
I'm trying to build wireshark using the source 0.99.5 on my solaris system. But when I give ./configure --prefix=[exe directory path] , I'm getting an error as : configure: error: Header file pcap.h not found; if you installed libpcap from source, did you also do "make install-incl", and if you installed a binary package of libpcap, is there also a developer's package of libpcap,and did you also install that package? Could anyone please let me know how to rectify this error .

Well [as the error indicates], do you have "pcap.h" installed? If you do, is it in an unusual location (in which case you could do "--with-pcap=/your/unusual/pcap/location")?