Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RFC: Revised Makefile(s) for asn1/ directory

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:27:44 +0200
On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 01:21:29PM +0200, Kukosa, Tomas wrote:
> I think those files have nothing to do with A2W_FLAGS. Or what was your
> idea?
>
> The $(PROTOCOL_NAME).asn should be part of the ASN_FILE_LIST.

No problem.

> There is not any difference between the $(PROTOCOL_NAME).asn and other
> asn1 sources.

OK, will change that.

> Concerning packet-$(PROTOCOL_NAME)-template.h I have no idea how to
> handle it as I am not makefile expert.

I currently handle the protocol specific stuff inside the A2W_FLAGS
variable. I'll just move the -c ... stuff in there (and whatever that
other stuff was as well).

> Maybe, the asn1/proto/Makefile.common could contain something like
> PROTO_NEED_H=1
> and the asn1/Makefile.inc.nmake coukd contain something like
> EXTRA_DIST = \
> 	$(ASN_FILE_LIST) \
> 	packet-$(PROTOCOL_NAME)-template.c \
> !IFDEF PROTO_NEED_H
> 	packet-$(PROTOCOL_NAME)-template.h \
> !ENDIF
> 	$(PROTOCOL_NAME).cnf

That would be a solution as well, but I think using the A2W_FLAGS
variable is more readable.

I'll send an updated version soon.

 ciao
     Joerg