Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Interfacing Hardware Platform to capture SS7 traffic on TDM

From: "Guy Harris" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 12:06:58 -0700 (PDT)
Varuna De Silva wrote:

> Now we need to get those packets that are read, to be decoded by wire
> shark. How should I interface my device with wireshark, now that I
> have opened it with winpcap.

If you've modified libpcap/WinPcap to read from your capture device, and
it supplies a link-layer type that Wireshark can handle (DLT_MTP2, for
example), all you have to do to interface your device with Wireshark is to
build and install your modified version of WinPcap and run Wireshark, and
tell it to capture on your device.