Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to configure compiling to optimalize debugging

From: "Lukast dev" <lukast.dev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:52:38 +0200
Thank you,

i just put here a little observation:
When i do this:

make clean
make tshark

The building process has stopped with this :
No rule to make target `wiretap/libwiretap.la', needed by `tshark'. Stop.

So i build it again just with make.
And then it works..

Have a nice day
Lukas

2007/9/12, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Sep 12, 2007, at 5:10 AM, Lukast dev wrote:

> when i build it through make, it takes long time to build docs, gtk
> stuffs etc.
> What would you recommend me? --disable-what ??

There's nothing I can recommend to disable building the documents,
because there's no way to disable that.

"--disable-wireshark" should disable the building of Wireshark - but
you'll have to re-run the configure script to regenerate the Makefile
if you want to build Wireshark.

As Jaap Keuter suggested, "make tshark" might let you build tshark
without rebuilding the man pages or Wireshark or any other tools.