Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Expert Info and display filters

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:38:47 -0400
Regarding the Expert Info, if you've applied a display filter then
select "Analyze -> Expert Info", the Expert Infos window contains ALL
Expert Info for all packets, even for packets that have been filtered
out due to the display filter.  I would have expected it to contain only
Expert Info pertaining to the filtered packets.  Is that by design or is
that a bug?

- Chris

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention,
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the
recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all
copies of this message. Also, email is susceptible to data
corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and
viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are
not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering,
amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.