Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SNMP: libsmi state and how to add MIB files to the distribut

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns36@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:06:54 -0700

LEO> I guess it is but after some time looking in net-snmp includes I found
LEO> not an API way to do so.

get_node() is what you were looking for, but...

(and the rest is struct tree walking when necessary)

>> Common MIB syntax, by the way, which is understood by many operators is
>> IF-MIB::ifIndex == 3

LEO> Field names cannot take ':'. If I try to change this the dfilter
LEO> scanner could do weird things) so the filter name uses '.' instead (as
LEO> all other filter fileds). In the display of the protocol tree the
LEO> fields use "::".

Ah.  Then I'd require the MIB name to always be first (though you could
define a special MIB name of "ANY" to allow for smart searching like
ANY.ifIndex == 3 if you are using a MIB loaded that lets you request a
node name from anywhere in the tree structure like Net-SNMP does; I
don't remember if libsmi allows this or not).