Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] SNMP: libsmi state and how to add MIB files to the distribution?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 17:13:48 +0200
Hi!

I was asking basically the same thing a few weeks ago and was told that the SNMP dissector will deeply change because of the upcoming switch from net-snmp to libsmi. As libsmi work seems to be completed:

What's the current state of the libsmi integration?
Is it ready or are there still things to be done?
Are there any changes in the SNMP MIB Preference setting (e.g. different delimiter chars than before)?

Fortunately, libsmi provides a lot more MIBs than net-snmp did. However, as there are a lot of  MIBs still not included: How can additional MIB's be integrated into Wireshark that are not part of the libsmi assortment?

Should we have a local MIB repository or is it better to try to include them into libsmi?

I would like to add some LLDP related MIBs (freely available from the IEC) to the Wireshark distribution. Of course, I'll have to ask the IEC if they can be included into WS first.

Regards, ULFL
Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 3 Monate