Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Hardware Platform to capture SS7 traffic on TDM lines to Dec

From: "Varuna De Silva" <varunax@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 22:25:33 -1200
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply,
1. Can we use/modify PCAP to access the contents of the memory, since the data transfer is through USB and we dont have low level access to the IC (i.e. before that being sent to the memory)? (I am new to pcap as well)

2. If we use raw SS7 frames how does WireShark know that they are SS7 messages, Do we have to specify them to be
decoded as SS7 messages?

Xavier