Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Conflicting defines in packet-dcerpc-winreg.h and winnt.h
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 02:16:22 -0700
Maynard, Chris wrote:

While compiling recently after a distclean on Windows XP, I noticed
the following compiler "notes". Perhaps the conflicting defines in
packet-dceprc-winreg.h should be renamed?
Or #undeffed.  The collision is probably due to the Microsoft APIs in
question using the names (and whatever headers we include on Windows
dragging in the headers that declare those APIs), as well as the IDL
definition of the RPCs to implement those API's over the wire using the
names, and that file is generated from an IDL file, so changing the name
means hand-editing the code after it's been generated or changing the
names in the IDL (and the IDLs come from Samba, so we'd have to get them
to change the IDL file).