Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] oid_* functions missing

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:47:21 +0100
Richard van der Hoff wrote:
Luis EG Ontanon wrote:
I think you re-generated packet-snmp.c .

I I haven't checked in neither the regenerated packet-snmp.c nor the
changes in the makefiles or other files that (will) depend on oids.c
to build. I plan doing so this weekend.

Since you are already there, you could help me out, can you add oids.c
and oids.h to epan/Makefile.common, and check if the build and the
snmp dissector work without HAVE_LIBSMI defined?

Ok. I still don't have an oid_to_subid_buf, though :(

Right. For now, I have cut and pasted the old oid_to_subid_buf into oid_resolv.c. This at least has made things build again.

LEGO, can I suggest that in future you don't even commit the templates for autogenerated files, such that we don't get into this situation.

Incidentally, is the right process for generating the asn dissectors to run "make" from the asn/* directories and then copy the generated files across? It seems kludgy, but I couldn't see a better way.

What is the reasoning behind checking in the generated asn dissectors? Is this for people without python on their boxes?