Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] When will Wireshark 0.99.7 become a stable release

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:52:18 +0200
Hi,

Whenever our Fearless Leader(sm) Gerald decides there's enough improvments/security fixes collected in the repository to be pushed out as a release he'll start the process.

About Beta software; technically Wireshark still is beta software until we reach 1.0. But then again what defines a 1.0 release? What you probably mean is that they won't allow development builds on their production machines. I can see that. So one workaround is to put the unistim plugin in a 0.99.6 build and see if it works. Remember this isn't supported practice. Plugins need to be build for that particular release in order to guarantee API compatibility. The way to make sure it is compatible is to incorporate the unistim plugin source in your own 0.99.6 build tree and create a plugin from that.

Thanx,
Jaap

J P wrote:
Hi,
What is the process for version 0.99.7 to become a stable release? My organization will not permit 'beta' software to be installed on production computers. Since I want to have UNISTIM decoding, I need 0.99.7. Thanx, John