Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Win2000 Error: wireshark.exe is not a valid Win32 application

From: Greg Bell <greg_bell_12@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:05:23 -0700 (PDT)
This is what I get when I try and run my wireshark build on Windows 2000. It works fine on Windows XP and 2003. My build is based off the 0.99.6 release source. One thing I noticed was that when trying to install the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (during the Wireshark install), it gave a "Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package...". Is there any compatibility issues with this and Windows 2000?

Someone had this problem before, but it seems no solution was found:

[Wireshark-dev] Error: wireshark.exe is not a valied Win32 application

Also, the Windows 2000 "problems to avoid" in
I don't understand.

I'm using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, Platform SDK Server 2003 R2, and C-Runtime redistributable for Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (vcredist_x86.exe) for the installer.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Greg