Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Help Required in Identificaiton of new packet Layer

From: "Muddassir Khan" <muddassir.khan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:33:56 +0200

Hello everyone,

My name is Khan, Muddassir and iam a master student at Technical University Munich. I am diong my master thesis project using the MIT project, roofnet and COPE.  I want some evaluation now that i have finished the progamming part. For that reason i need to use ethereal which is a good tool for visual results.

The problem is that the packet sent out by any node have extra headers on it. Due to this reason the ethereal can not identify teh packets and just show SSL instead of shoiwng wether it is a TCP or UDP packet.

I need to know exactly what i need to change, should i be introdcin a new protocol field in ethereal or add something to the packet dissceting part?

I am sorry if my questions are very vague but i dont exactly know hwo to go around ethereal, i ahve read the documentaitons for deveolpers that is why i knwo the terms for pakcet dissecting and protocol addition to the ethereal.

I hope someone can help me out in this.

Thanks alot in advance
Khan