Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] network card not detected

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:13:20 +0400
Depending on the OS you are running on, do you have WinPcap or libpcap
installed. Wireshark by itself is not capable of capturing packets
live. You need to have the above installed.

If you do "Help > About" in Wireshark, there is a paragraph starting
with "Running on...". This should list libpcap or WinPcap.

Hope this helps,
Abhik.