Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Add additional SNMP MIBs to the Wireshark distribution?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:39:20 +0200
Hi List!

The current Wireshark distribution comes with some example SNMP MIBs (is this true only for Win32?). It seems to me, that these MIBs are coming from the net-snmp package.

I would like to add some more MIBs, e.g. the rmon2.mib.

As there currently seems to be some discussion, if we want to keep using net-snmp or switch to a different package, I'm unsure how to add those MIBs.

Should I:

- try to include new MIBs into net-snmp (that obviously would be useless in a way, if we would start to use a different SNMP package)
- try to include new MIBs directly into Wireshark somewhere?
- don't add those MIBs at all and keep only the current examples?

Adding those new MIBs of course will require to get the allowance of the copyright holder, but before I'm going to ask them, I would like to know if we want to add those stuff to Wireshark at all ....

Regards, ULFL