Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch process changes

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:39:00 +0200
On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 11:06:32PM +0100, Richard van der Hoff wrote:
> Sake Blok wrote:
> > However, it seems like patches are now not picked up at all anymore. I
> > did not count, but I think I have not seen (m)any commits based on the
> > patches filed through bugzilla. I guess this is due to the fact that
> > old habits  of the "committers" take some time to be changed into new
> > habits and maybe also because of the summertime.
>
> I think it's just that, as ever, everybody is busy :(. The good thing is
> that now, when we do finally get around to looking at patches, we don't
> need to waste our time going through the mailing list trying to see
> what's been applied and what's not...

Although being busy is undoubtedly a factor that we all need to face, I
do think we all need to adjust to the new process of committing patches.
People still submit patches through the mail and they get committed, while
the patches submitted through bugzilla are not picked up.

It takes a little time and energy to change things that have been done
one way and need now to be done in a new way. That's just Human Nature(tm)
But if we don't put that energy in it together, I think the effort of
Gerald to improve the process will be lost unfortunately.

> Thanks for the feedback though!

:-) Always a pleasure!

Cheers,   Sake