Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] p2p_dir
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 14:51:19 -0700
Richard van der Hoff wrote:

It seems better to use pinfo->p2p_dir for this.
That would make sense, especially given that, for WTAP_ENCAP_ISDN,
dissect_frame() sets pinfo0>p2p_dir based on the setting of
pinfo->pseudo_header.isdn.uton.>
 I just wanted to check
that this was the intended use of this field before modifying the isdn dissector. (It's also not entirely obvious how the user/network semantics of isdn should map onto the sent/received semantics of p2p_dir; however, I don't think that actually matters a great deal).
I don't think it does, either.  (If you think of the capture as being
done on the "user" side of the user-to-network interface, "sending"
means a user-to-network packet and "receiving" means a network-to-user
packet.  That's how dissect_frame() sets it.)