Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] libsmi license

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:19:10 +0200
Luis EG Ontanon schrieb:
is this license GPL compatible?

http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/libsmi/COPYING.html?lang=de

I'd like to allow filtering of snmp Values by name, but AFAIK net-snmp
does not allow me to traverse the MIBs, other than that this lib has
no dependencies so it might create less problems
There don't seem to be a native Win32 port of libsmi. The cygwin port doesn't really count here, as you cannot statically link it with MSVC builds.

We might be able to dynamically link it (DLL), but there must at least be a compatible .h and .lib (or .def?) file.

Regards, ULFL