Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] path for plugins
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:25:16 -0400
MKS {} wrote:
Folks,
On Linux, I have placed a custom dissector in .wireshark/plugins dir in my home dir. This isn't the most convenient place to store this. Is there an env var I could set to control this location (using wireshark 0.99.5)?
What about "/usr/local/lib/wireshark/plugins/" (or whatever base dir you
have Wireshark in)?
Also, will tshark use the same dissector to decode fields for the custom protocol or do I have to write another one (I can't test this due to the location of the plugin dir and restrictions on the dirs I can access when running as root on my system) ? Thanks,
Yes, one of the design goals of Wireshark is that dissectors will work
in both the GUI and the command line, or at least a vast majority of it
will work.