Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark libpcap.so dependency

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:20:06 -0400
Harmeet Sawhney wrote:
Hi,
I am working on wireshark-0.99.5 on Montavista Linux(Version:2.4). I need
to know which version of libpcap.so is required to build wireshark in
Montavista linux and what are the dependencies of wireshark on libpcap.
Does wireshark has any dependencies on Linux Version?

If you're building Wireshark then it should work with whatever version of libpcap you have (just make sure you've got both the library and the header files installed).