Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dump decoded packet data/info into an SQL database

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 12:44:51 +0200
Luis EG Ontanon schrieb:
SQL clients are blocking. (There may be some non-blocking, but I'm not
aware of any GPL compatible non-blocking SQL client). That means that
wireshark should wait for the write to be acked before capturing the
next packet and that would probably cause many packets to be dropped,
thus rendering the whole thing useless.
There's nowhere mentioned, that it has to be done "online" :-)
IMHO Off-line scripting is the way to gets packets into a database.
Yes, but the main question Guy noted is still valid: Which database schema to use?

Without a good idea what to do with the database data, it's pretty pointless to put it into the database ;-)
Luis