Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dump decoded packet data/info into an SQL database

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:27:23 +0200
SQL clients are blocking. (There may be some non-blocking, but I'm not
aware of any GPL compatible non-blocking SQL client). That means that
wireshark should wait for the write to be acked before capturing the
next packet and that would probably cause many packets to be dropped,
thus rendering the whole thing useless.

IMHO Off-line scripting is the way to gets packets into a database.

Luis