Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] "No fonts found" error

From: "Fulko Hew" <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:33:34 -0400
The last (apparent) step in getting Wirehark built for an embedded
system had given me a roadblock.  When I run Wireshark I get:

No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org

The backround is that I've finished building all the X client
stuff on this embedded system, and applications such as
xeyes, and xfontsel work, so I'd assume that fonts are
indeed working, but not to the satisfaction of Wireshark.

Can someone point me a little more specifically to what
to look for and/or fix, or how to diagnose whats missing?

TIA
Fulko