Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding Wimax Plugin

From: "ARUN KUMAR N" <arunkumartn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:57:11 +0530

 Hi Michael,

  We are working on wimax 802.16d. Our basic framework of communication between BS and SS is working fine.

We found your valuable wimax plug-in as part of wireshark tool.

We thought of using your wireshark wimax plugin tool to analyze the captured PDUs. So we tweaked captured PDUs to adhere to M2M standard.

  Some data PDUs ie, PDUs on Transport CID are not decoded properly. They are decoded as malformed packets. But the Management PDUs are decoded properly.

Another observation is the malformed packet error are more pronouced on PDUs whose size is more than 127 bytes, even after proper TLV encodings are done, if the length field of TLV exceeding 127 bytes.

  Please let me know the reason behind  Malformed packet error packet.

  I am herewith attaching pcap dump of capture for your reference.

  Thanks and Regards

Arun