Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch to fix broken compilation

From: Florent Drouin <florent.drouin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:57:14 +0200
I am using gcc 3.3.5
This is the default C compiler for an old Debian Sarge distribution.

<<
gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)

Jeff Morriss wrote:
Florent Drouin wrote:
[...]
generic_decoder.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/mac_hd_generic_decoder.o
mac_hd_generic_decoder.c: In function `dissect_mac_header_generic_decoder':
mac_hd_generic_decoder.c:1493: warning: `payload_length' might be used uninitialized in this function mac_hd_generic_decoder.c:1502: warning: `new_payload_len' might be used uninitialized in this function
make[3]: *** [mac_hd_generic_decoder.lo] Error 1

My GCC (3.4.4) is either smarter or stupider than yours because it doesn't warn on those. After taking a brief look it appears the warnings are false positives--I checked in your change (rev 22401).