Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Display Filter Macros of currently selected packet fields?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:25:54 +0200
Luis EG Ontanon schrieb:
On 7/25/07, Luis EG Ontanon <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If we consider this dynamic condition that a filter can be correct or
incorrect depending on when it is compiled this is feasable (and a
nice feature too!)...

One last thing I will have to redissect the selected frame each time a
the filter is entered...

how do I do that?
Without having a look at the code: I would think that's done mostly the same way when a packet is selected in the packet list today.

But do you really have to redissect the packet? The protocol tree for the selected packet is already existing, so scanning the filter string for the field names and replacing them with the current values might simply work, but I'm probably too optimistic here ;-)

Regards, ULFL