Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Toolbar icon sizes on Windows too small?

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:51:43 +0200
Hi,

Look for gtkrc and see that it declares two toolbars: large and small.
The small one is used, but changing this into large gets you the larger icons.

Thanx,
Jaap

Ulf Lamping wrote:
Just out of curiosity, i noticed the size of toolbar icons in the Windows
version is rather small.
They look prettier under Linux.
I talk about the size the icon takes up inside the toolbar button. The
button itself is rather big, so there is much empty space around it.
Obviously, this is a matter of taste, but i remember the buttons looked
better back sometimes in old Ethereal days. Is this a pure GTK/Wimp issue or
is there anything that can be done about it?

I know what you mean, and IIRC it's a bug in GTK/Wimp. This is caused by some toolbar buttons are toggle buttons (e.g. Colorize Packet List), which seems to be not well supported / not often used.

I've filed a GTK bug report at their bugzilla (sorry, number not at hand), but there seems to be no bugfix till today.

Regards, ULFL