Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How to apply a custom translation/rendering method to the data i

From: "Fulko Hew" <fulko.hew@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:23:49 -0400
As the subject line asks, is there a function I can invoke in a
dissector to change the way the bottom pane of the display opperates.

I'd like to affect two different things:

1/ I'd like all the data to be masked first before being displayed as hex
     (just like stripping a parity bit)
2/ I need to be able to send the data through a translate table before
  being displayed as ASCII.  (ie like EBCDIC to ASCII, but its not EBCDIC)

Any suggestions?

TIA
Fulko