Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 22318: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/diss

From: "Luis EG Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:56:27 +0200
On 7/16/07, Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This looks pretty good, Luis.

I noticed some things that you may well already be aware of:
- when you find an unknown AVP, you no longer log it as an expert item
Not supposed to work, it's still to be added...

- I saw instances where the name shown in diameter.avp.code didn't
match the value field of the AVP, e.g. AVPs 17 and 18 (frame 115) in
the capture file I sent to you.
This should not happen, Good for reference.

- Some of the commands are not matching their entries from the XML
files (e.g. 275 which is in dictionary.xml)
Neither this one.

No, I Wasn't aware... But that's the rationale in the commit early
commit often, the sooner a bug is committed (preferably along with
some other code :-) the shorter it takes for it to get noticed the
shorter it takes for it to be fixed.

But its great to be free of the XML library and to have proper
filtering by value!
Thanks,
Martin