Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New WiMAX R6 plug-in

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:32:01 +0200
Hi,

First thing to so it testdrive it using fuzztest. Have a collection of capture files ready which fuzztest will feed to your Wireshark+plugin. That way you may find bugs not found during code review.

Then make sure all support files are in as stated in README.plugin.
Then 'make clean' the plugin directory and gzip it, after which you can attach it to a mail to the developer mailing list. When time permits we'll go over it and consider it for inclusion.

In the mean time a Wiki page would be nice, and most importantly, a sample capture file.

Thanx,
Jaap

Nitin Naveen wrote:

Hi,

I am Nitin Naveen working at HUGHES SYSTIQUE. We have developed a plug-in to display WiMAX R6 messages (between BTS and ASNGW). This plug-in is NOT for the AIR interface.
It is for WiMAX signalling messages carried over Ethernet/ IP/ UDP.

We have followed most of the guidelines as per README.developer. It would be great if
it can be included with the normal Wireshark distribution.

Please let us know what are the various steps that we need to follow.