Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] --with-ssl action when gnutls is not found

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:27:47 -0700
The current action taken by the configure script when the user specifies
--with-ssl but gnutls is not found is to print this message in the
middle of the configure checks:

checking for libgnutls-config... no
checking for libgnutls - version >= 1.0.0... no
*** The libgnutls-config script installed by LIBGNUTLS could not be found
*** If LIBGNUTLS was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the LIBGNUTLS_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to libgnutls-config.
echo gnuTLS not found, disabling ssl decryption

And this at the end:

             Use SSL crypto library : yes
                 Use gnutls library : no

Should we make the configure script stop when it can't enable --with-ssl
because gnutls is missing?  I didn't catch the message as it flew by and
saw SSL yes so I didn't realize it needed gnuTLS (I just figured it
could do it with openssl instead).

Steve