Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ethernet type

From: "Gilbert Ramirez" <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 12:06:05 +0530
Your application needs to store the type in network order (big-endian
order) in the packet before it sends it out.

Wireshark is programmed to follow the specifications of the protocol,
regardless of what type of CPU wireshark is running on. Similarly,
network applications or network stacks must follow those same
specifications, regardless of the CPU they are running on.

And the Ethernet specification says that the ethernet type is stored
in big-endian order.

--gilbert