Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] ethernet type

From: Amit Paliwal <Amit.Paliwal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:57:11 +0530

Hi,

I registered my proprietary protocol over ethernet and set its typw to say 0x0102.
to test my application i construct and send a raw ethernet packet from my machine(Windows XP)........

but wireshark captures ethernet type as 0x0201 which is the network order so i need to manipulate
my ethernet type to 0x0201, than wireshark receives it as 0x0102............

Intel machines probably uses little endian format.

I want to ask is there any provision in Wireshark's code that checks for it so that next time if from some other machine
ethernet typw will come it will see that it has to take it in little endian format or big endian format, or do i need to modify the code somewhere......