Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] how to disable dissectors when I build TShark ?

From: Sebastien Tandel <sebastien@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:46:21 -0300
Hi,

> I would like to know if there is an easy way to disable dissectors when
> I compile Tshark.
No, there isn't. It's not the first time it has been asked here.
Unfortunately, there is no development project towards this direction
for now (at least not known).

> I am compiling it for an embedded architecture and libwireshark is a tad
> too big, I would like to have a much smaller version. I only need some
> of the protocols. I started to remove dissectors by hand (editing
> makefiles, source code, etc.) and I am struggling to resolve
> dependencies problem, I would like to know if there is another way.

I agree with you that it should be possible but someone has to spend
some time to resolve these "historical dependencies" problems first. ;)

Regards,
Sebastien Tandel