Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Proper use of proto_tree_add_string?

From: "Martin Mathieson" <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:50:05 +0100
You can always specify the offset and length as 0, 0 - i.e. no bytes
will be highlighted when the item is selected.

On 6/29/07, kannoll <maillistnoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's a good idea, and I'll probably have a place to use it, but my
immediate problem is packets that end before expected, so there's nothing to
highlight in the data (because it's not there).

--kan--