Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Newbie question about capture point

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:06:47 -0700
wireshark doesn't actually capture the packets on its own. It uses WinPcap to capture the packets from the stack.

WinPcap is implemented as an NDIS protocol driver, so it works in parallel with other protocols like TCP/IP. Things are a bit more complex when it comes to VPNs and dialup adapters.

I hope this answers your questions.

Have a nice day
GV