Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] File size limits on Linux and building for large file suppor

From: Shehjar Tikoo <shehjart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:14:13 +1000
For the sake of future reference, I just ran a single capture test, FWIW, with tcpdump. It was able to write a file size larger than 2Gs on a 32-bit Debian system.

Shehjar Tikoo wrote:
I've seen a few posts in wireshark-users archive where Ulf Lamping mentions incorporating support for gint64 offsets for traffic dump files.

Does this imply that tshark can write pcap files using large file support on Linux without the need to resort to multiple capture ring files?