Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] File size limits on Linux and building for large file suppor

From: Shehjar Tikoo <shehjart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:32:04 +1000
Stephen Fisher wrote:
Would it be worth the effort to put some code in that would use the zlib reading and writing functions for uncompressed/compressed use < 2GB vs. normal reading and writing functions for non-compressed files of any size based on a user preference?

I don't know how many users need large file support.

I can get around it because I am building tshark for my purpose so I do not think its worth the effort, in this case.

Shehjar