Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Custom Columns in Packet List Pane

From: "Purandhar Krishnamurthy" <purandhar.krishnamurthy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:45:47 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,

  I want to add a new column in my Packet List Pane, in which I am
planning to display an integer value (say for example, Retransmission
Count) for each message/packet. The format of the column i selected was
"Number".

  As the format is "Number", I re-used the macro "COL_NUMBER" in the
dissector to display the integer value. In the packet list pane, a new
column was created but the values that are displayed are packet or frame
number (and not the one I wished to display).

  Can anyone please tell me, whether is it possible to re-use COL_NUMBER
(which was already used to display the packet-frame number) to display
an integer value?

  If it is possible, please advice me the changes that are to be made and
  If it is not possible, please advice me what else can be done.

I tried to find it in Developer's Guide, but these information are not
provided in that.

Thanks in advance,
Purandhar