Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark-0.99.5 Segmentation fault on displaying packets

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:07:35 +0200
Hi,

Can you run Wireshark in DDD so you can get a backtrace?
See http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Tips

Thanx,
Jaap

yin sun wrote:
Hello,

I have compiled wireshark from 0.99.5 source on Suse10 Linux 2.6.16.27-0.9-smp x86. Initial launch is ok, change/save preference is ok, but failed at displaying packet with Segmentation fault. When I tried the same pcap file with tshark, it is OK. So it must be some gui related problem. Can someone help me on this. How to proceed to find the problem.

Thanks,
/Yin