Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] X.25, LAPB, PLP Decoding

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:35:31 +0200
Hi Mirko,

Please refer to http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/LibpcapFileFormat about this subject.

Thanx,
Jaap

Mirko.Karanovic@xxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I’ve been making Protocol Analyzer based on Sangoma S5142A synch serial card and WireShark. Capturing of X.25 LAPB and PLP layers is done by Sangoma card/driver. Storing into file is done by socket based code. File format is libpcap file format.

I’ve seen that WireShark (wtap) has decoder for LAPB and PLP layers of the original X.25.

Problem is that libpcap “DLT_ “ definitions doesn’t have value for LAPB link layer. So, when I opened captured file by WireShark, I can see only raw data.

I think that I should define proprietary “DLT_LAPB” value and do whatever necessary steps in wtap (WireShark) in order to recognize my DLT_LAPB type form libpcap file header. After that I should be able to see LAPB frames and PLP packets in the WireShark.

Is above story about new DLT_LAPB and wtap extension is correct?

Regards
Mirko Karanovic.
Toronto Transit Comission