Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] invoking tcp sub-dissectors from a custom dissector.

From: "Ravi Kondamuru" <ravikondamuru@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:32:08 -0700
Hi,

I am implementing a tcp based custom protocol dissector. Each tcp conversation starts with a http request-response followed by a series of custom protocol data exchanges. I have been able to implement dissecting the custom protocol, however for the initial request/ response, I am not able to figure out how to call the tcp sub-dissectors to take care of dissecting it. I have some rudimentary mechanism to identify if it is a http packet or a custom data packet. Thanks for any pointers.

thanks,
Ravi.