Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Error: wireshark.exe is not a valied Win32 application

From: Alex Lindberg <alindber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:23:36 -0500
I am using MS C++ 2005 Express Edition with the platform SDK (Version
3790.2075).

All compiles and packages fine with no errors.

After packaging and installing on a W2k machine, it responds as above.

I am using the the updated C++ 2005 vcredist.  Using the newest fixw the
same prolblem on a WXP system.

What is going on?  I have tried the solution of creating a directory
Microsoft.VC80.CRT as suggested in another email, but that was not
successfull.

There is on the W2K system the winsxs directory with all of the necessary
subdirectories with DLLs in them.

Any suggestions would be great.

Alex Lindberg
alindber<at>yahoo.com