Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Unistim plugin

From: "Newton, Don" <dnewton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:10:21 -0400
You are right I missed that in the README.

One thing I noticed was if you ended up with %s (ala fuzztest) in the
buffer when you call proto_tree_add_text it will seg fault because of
the call to g_vsnprintf under the covers can't handle a %s with a NULL
buffer.  So I escaped that if it occurs which seems to fix the problem.
Is there a better way to guard against this?  See
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2005-May/msg00031.html

Don Newton